PESTO aims at:
- Raising general public awareness of the issue of sustainable tourism developments in Europe, including the presentation of general EU policies, opportunities, risks, chances and benefits in this context as well as the introduction of Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers and educational counsellors specialised in this field
- Attracting citizens from all over Europe to the concepts, opportunities, benefits and possibilities of sustainable tourism
- Promoting European policy and funding opportunities for lifelong learning and VET, especially in connection with sustainable tourism developments
- Supporting EU projects dealing with sustainable tourism in their activities to disseminate their project ideas and in building up reliable networks for stakeholders and target groups
- Providing several platforms where all relevant target groups and stakeholders (e.g. VET providers, policy makers from local to EU level, representatives of tourism enterprises, environmentalist associations and NGOs, unions, chambers of commerce, representatives of EU funding bodies etc.) can meet, discuss and push forward the issue of sustainable tourism in Europe for its economic and ecological development.