The rapid growth in social media – including social networks such as Face book, LinkedIn, and Twitter, blogging, podcasts and wikis – combined with the decline in influence of traditional media, presents major challenges and opportunities for tourist sector professionals in building relationships with stakeholders.
ROUTE 2.0 is aimed to promote the use of web 2.0 tools among SMEs belonging to tourism sector in a first approach but open to other type of sector.
The aim of Route 2.0, project finished on 2013, was related to develop the skills and competencies necessary to integrate and implement Communication Strategies and Marketing actions through Web 2.0 tools in the process of business management for European SMEs and microSMEs form tourism sector through the creation of a methodology for continuous learning to improve the performance and competitiveness of these organizations.
Training in WEB 2.0 tools , enable SMEs and microSMEs Using Web 2.0 tools at Communication Strategies have some advantages:
- understand Web 2.0 tools, showing them the possibilities offered as a communication tool for their business.
- understand how to manage their brands online.
- develop a strategy for effective communication through social networks.
- offer new competitive services and adapted to new needs.
- understand the importance of planning an effective communication plan
- understand and plan communication for specific environments
- generate transversal communication synergies to improve services or products.
- train SMEs and independent professionals in emerging jobs.
ROUTE 2.0 project has developed a learning system tailored to the specific needs of target audiences.
Funding programme: LLP-Leonardo da Vinci Transfer of Innovation