HENGE – Heritage, Natural Resources for Green Entrepreneurship
The HENGE E-Learning Programme provides training in how to assess natural resources and heritage, detect sustainable rural enterprise opportunities and create or diversify a business by utilizing natural and heritage resources. HENGE encourages participants to consider self-employment as a viable option and provides training in basic business skills, such as planning, finance and funding, legal requirements, and marketing. The course also emphasizes the importance of family and community.
HENGE is aimed primarily, though not exclusively, at people in rural communities. It seeks to provide them with the skills needed to assess the business potential offered by their natural and cultural heritage (e.g. rural tourism) while promoting practical methods of sustaining those resources for future generations and fostering green practices in rural business.
The HENGE Project has 3 main aims.
- Improve key skills and competences of groups with few or no formal qualifications facing socio-economic disadvantage for personal and vocational development, by providing lifelong learning opportunities;
- To raise awareness of local heritage and natural resources and their potential for revenue generation in rural areas;
- Promote the adoption of sustainable development principles within rural business proposals
The course is available in 6 languages (English, Spanish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Bulgarian and Turkish). It can be used entirely online or in CD version, either as self-learning or part of a training centre programme. It is based on the Moodle platform and consists of 8 modules:
01. EVALUATION OF RESOURCES – PART 1
02. EVALUATION OF RESOURCES – PART 2
03. HERITAGE CONSERVATION
04. CONSERVATION, RESOURCES & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
05. GREEN SKILLS FOR RURAL BUSINESS
06. PLANNING YOUR RURAL BUSINESS
07. FINANCE AND MARKETING
08. LEGISLATION AND LIABILITY
Each module consists of 3 units, with interactive exercises, plus a case study and web links to further resources. A comprehensive help guide and glossary are also provided.
Funding programme: LLP-Leonardo da Vinci Transfer of Innovation